Cathedral of San Isidoro
The first building of The Cathedral of San Isidoro was blessed April 3 of 1720 in Holguin City, Cuba, was promoted to its range of Cathedral in 1979 and consecrated in 1996.
San Isidoro Church was built by the Stage Manager D. Diego de Ávila y de La Torre, it which survived up to 1815.
In that time (1720) in San Isidoro’s Church the mass of consecration of the temple and birth of the city in Holguin was officiated.
The Cathedral of San Isidoro - old Church of San Isidoro -, inaugurated between 1818 and 1820 in Holguin City, it is a construction with plant in Latin T
The Cathedral of San Isidoro is a solid building with three wide doors and embedded columns, as well as a fronton to the center that defines its triangular ornamental top.
Its Moorish interiors have the wooden roofs carefully worked as great attractiveness, even original, that they are the most beautiful inside those that are conserved of the Mudejar style in Holguin City.
Originally, the current Cathedral of San Isidoro was the Parochial Church of Holguin. In its the parish register of baptisms, marriages and deaths are conserved from 1731.
San Isidoro Church was promoted to its range of Cathedral in 1979 and consecrated in 1996.